Consider two planes with Cartesian equations,
Determine the angle between the planes.
For the two planes we have normals and . Therefore, the angle between the planes is
For each of the following planes, find a linear Cartesian equation of the form
that describes the plane.
- The plane through spanned by .
- The plane through the points .
- The plane through the point parallel to the plan through spanned by and .
- The plane through spanned by and is the set of points
Therefore, we have the parametric equations
Then we want to solve for in terms of . From the first equation we have
From the second equation we then have
Which gives us
So, from the third equation we then have
is the requested linear Cartesian equation.
- The plane through the three points is the set of points
But, and are in the linear span of since
Thus, this plane is equal to the plane in part (a). Hence, we have the linear Cartesian equation,
- Again, this is the same plane as in parts (a) and (b) since the span of and is the same as the span of and . Hence, the requested linear Cartesian equation is