Population figures for the United States in given years are given by:
- Use the formula from previous exercise,
to find a value for based on the data from the years 1790, 1850, and 1910.
- Repeat part (a) using the data from the years 1910, 1930, 1950.
- From parts (a) and (b) would we accept or reject the hypothesis that the equation in this previous exercise (Section 8.7, Exercise #13) is a valid growth law for the population of the United States?
- Using the formula we derived in the earlier exercise (linked above) we compute,
- Again, we use our earlier formula and compute